Sunday, February 17, 2008

Media Day

It is no secret that I LOVE Razorback baseball! I am beyond excited that the first game is this week!!! Saturday was the media day at the mall where all the players and coaches are there giving away posters and autographs. Last year, I took my oldest nephew Jackson with me. My sister and her family recently moved away, so I was a little bummed that I wasn't going to have anyone to take with me. I was prepared to go alone and get a poster for Bizys, but I really wanted someone to enjoy the day with me. I'm pretty good about going and doing things by myself. But sometimes it's just not enjoyable. Fortunately, my sister came to town for a visit this weekend. So, my step-mom met me at the mall with my nephew Keegon and we grabbed our posters and were ready to go!


He had just put a sweet-tart in his mouth right when the picture was taken. The boy has his priorities and candy is always number 1! We were making our way through the line of players and Keegon wanted to give each one a high five. He also insisted on telling them how old he is and how to spell his name. One of them asked him how he was doing. Appearently, that question triggered a memory of when he sick last week and he responded with "I was sick and I puked and puked and puked!" Ha! Needless to say, the players thought that was hillarious and my step-mom and I couldn't believe he said that! We finished making the rounds and ended the day with a photo-op with Ribby the Razorback. Keegon is normally scared to death of mascots, but he liked this one. He kept telling the cheerleaders that "this is a nice razorback and isn't mean and won't eat me." Where does he come up with this stuff!?!

I am so glad that I got to spend the morning with this little guy. One thing I love more than baseball is being an aunt!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Aaawwwwww......so cute!
I hope the baseball team will be good this year!!!!