Friday, February 29, 2008

Frustrating Friday

I started my Friday off by having to weigh in at JC and since I haven't been able to work out in FOREVER with this bummed knee, the scales are not moving like I want them too! I tried not to let it ruin my day because I knew that I was going to go to Bizys during my lunch break to watch the first part of the Razorback baseball game. The game was off to a great start but I had to head back to work. I wasn't too worried because I knew it would be on the radio. Well, much to my dismay, it was not on the station it normally is but on one that I can barely pick up in my car and can't at all at work. I finally found some random AM station that was super staticy but I could hear enough to keep up with what was happening and it wasn't going well for the Hogs. I had to leave work before the game was over to go have an MRI done on the previously metioned bummed knee. I wanted to be super cool like Hillary and Kelly and take a picture of myself at the Dr.'s office, but they are kind of picky about what you take in the room since they stick you in a gigantic magnet! So, this will have to do instead...not nearly as cool I know!
I have the great fortune of being one of the people that can feel the MRI. The technician said that some people can, but most can't. Since this is my 4th MRI to have done in my lifetime, I knew what I was getting into and was dreading every minute of it. Basically for 30 minutes my leg is tied down in a basket looking thing and it feels like millions of little hot pokers are sticking my knee over and over. I also can feel things moving around inside my knee. Sooooo strange! After the test was finished, I got the best news ever!!! Not about my knee, unfortunately I won't know anything about that until Thursday. I had a voicemail from my dad that said the HOGS WON with a 2 run homer in the bottom of the ninth inning! I cannot believed I missed that, but so happy for the win. So, to celebrate the victory and the relief that the test and this crazy day was over I treated myself to an early birthday present!
Cinnamoo ice cream with fudge in a waffle cone! Maggie Moos sent me a birthday coupon for a free ice cream cone. I couldn't wait until Monday to use it! Hummm...maybe this is part of why the scales aren't looking so good!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

LOVE your new blog look! Cute! Sorry about your knee - but I loved that you were taking pics at the doctor too!!!!
The baseball team is off to a great start! At least one of our teams will be good this year!

Hillary said...

I like your new look! Super cute! Not as much as I like the look of you ice cream!!! YUMMY!

Guy and Julie said...

Shannon--linked to you blog from Kelly's--I'm one of her friends from church. I've seen you in some of her pictures before :) Cute blog! And happy early birthday!
Julie