Saturday, February 14, 2009

Runners take your mark...



Last night I went to the Tyson Invitational Indoor Track Meet. It is one of my favorite events to go to because the competitors are a mixture of college athletes as well as the best of the professional athletes. I'm pretty sure over half of the athletes competing were at the Bejing Olympics so it was so exciting to see them in person! There were a little over 4,300 people there last night and it was a great crowd. You'd be suprised at how intense it gets in there!!! The crowd gets really loud and caught up in the action when races are going on. I definitely recommend going to this meet if you ever get the chance! The only downside of the event is that it can be a little tough on the self-esteme. Those girls have 0% body fat!!!! My step-mom and I always say "we don't like girls like that"!!! Ha!

This year, I had the added enjoyment of watching my dad sing the National Anthem to get the meet kicked off!!! He is a member of the Singing Men of Arkansas and they did an AWESOME job!!! I had chill bumbs the whole time they were singing and the crowd went wild as they finished. I could not have been more proud! Last night's events are going to be aired on ESPN tomorrow from 4-6 so I hope they show them singing too. I'll have my DVR ready just in case!!! We were sitting pretty close to the track and I noticed a camera pointed our way a few times, so I may be making my television debute as well. I just hope I wasn't doing something embarassing!!!

No comments: