Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is it Friday YET???

I cannot wait for Friday to get here and for me to be taking my seat in this beautiful place all weekend!!!!! I can almost smell the kettle corn now! I dearly love college baseball and the funny thing is that I had never even been to a baseball game until 4 years ago when I moved here. My parents always went, so I started going to a few games with them. Then, when I had the pleasure of meeting and becoming friends with Hillary she and I were very dedicated fans together. We spent many a Friday night having dinner at Charlie's Chicken and then heading the ballpark! Good times indeed!!! Now, I am totally hooked and am super excited about the great schedule the Hogs have this year. The only thing I am not excited about is that the first game starts at 3:00 on Friday. My job is seriously cramping my style here!!! I jokingly said that I needed to "get sick" around 2:30 so that I could leave. Well.....be careful what you say! I have a terrible sore throat and have felt feverish all day today. You better believe I will be chugging orange juice and taking every over-the-counter cold medicine I can get my hands on tomorrow!!!!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh the good ole days!!! I'm going to have to get a calendar of the games and see when Josh and I can come up. Such a fun thing that I feel I've missed out on a lot lately!
YOU CAN'T GET SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Hope you get feeling better soon, Shannon! I'm ready for some good warm baseball weather, too!