Thursday, March 13, 2008

Surgery Update

I am happy to say that my surgery yesterday was a success! I was pretty nervous on Tuesday night, but since I have had this procedure done before, I have developed some traditions in surgery preparation. My mom actually started this one! She would always make me mac and cheese at 11:00 pm right before the no food/drink cut off time. I decided that even though my mom wasn't here, I might as well carry on the tradition!

Everything on surgery day went well. It only took about 30 minutes and the doctor was able to fix me up! I had to have someone stay with me for 24 hours, so my parents took me to their house and I spent the night there propped up in a recliner! I had to show off my funny new tatoo...

They wrote "No" on my left knee and "Yes" on the right one! I've always thought about getting a real tatoo, but I don't think this is the look I'm going for so thank goodness it's washable! Not long after we got home, there was a knock at the front door.


The sweet ladies that I work with sent me "get well soon" flowers! The arrangement is so pretty and they smell fabulous!

Today is my last day of house arrest as the doctor calls it, and then hopefully tomorrow I can get up and moving a little more. I am definitely ready for that!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I love your tattoo! I would reconsider not getting one just like it!

Kelly said...

Glad your surgery went well!!! Your flowers are very pretty.
Hope you are feeling good!