Having a family in the restaurant business means that any holiday that usually brings family gatherings for Sunday lunch has to be done on Saturdays! This year that worked out great because it was my grandparents 57th wedding anniversary!
On Saturday night, my family went to my aunt's house to celebrate the anniversary and Easter.

This is the best picture I could get of my grandparents together. She was set on getting her plate filled and kept looking down before the picture took!
It was a very low key celebration...we had pizza and salad! Ha! It was really good though and the time we saved cooking and doing dishes meant more time for playing 42!
I should mention that these are my step-mom's parents and the family that I usually talk about are on her side as well. I am so blessed to have been raised in a Christian home with both my real mom and my dad's extended families being strong Christian role models as well. My parent's divorced when I was 9 years old and I could never have imagined the amazing people that God would put in my life as additional family in the years that followed. It was an absolute honor to be able to celebrate 57 years of a Godly marriage with my grandparents. I can only hope for the chance to follow in their footsteps someday!
1 comment:
You do have a great family! And I love that they always get together and plan dominoes!!
Post a Comment