Thursday, June 25, 2009

TODAY Throws a Wedding

I am and will always be a Good Morning America girl. I don't think I have ever watched the TODAY show one time! Because of that, I had no idea that they are in the midst of a contest where an engaged couple can win a dream wedding. So you can imagine my surprise when my dad called me this afternoon to tell me that his cousin's daughter and her fiance are one of the final TWO couples left in the competition!!!!
This is Leigh and Nick. How cute are they!?!?! They have a great love story too. Leigh was an amazing track star at Texas Tech. She holds two Division I National Championships and was able to go to the Olympic Development Program to train for the Olympic trials. It was there that she met Nick, who was a track star at Ashland University. It sounds like a super sweet "love at first sight" type story, but dating other athletes at the Program was not allowed. Once the secret about their relationship was uncovered, they were forced to quit. Now, they coach track together at Ashland University. They have been together for over 5 years and are hoping for their dream wedding to come true! If you would like to read more about them or VOTE for them to win, go here. I really hope they win!!!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

How crazy! I linked to your blog from Kelly's Korner, and I can't believe I am reading this. I know Leigh! We were in the same undergraduate program at Texas Tech, so we had many classes together. We weren't close enough to stay in touch...not even sure she would remember me, but I certainly remember her, especially because we had several heart to heart talks when her little sister was dealing with pregnancy/adoption. I think this is so neat...I am going to have to check out GMA!